Monday, November 3, 2008

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside your... head?

I just called the baby "Baby" and then started singing the theme song from WKRP in Cincinnati "Baby if you ever wondered/Wondered whatever became of me/I'm living on the air in Cincinnati/Cincinnati WKRP" and so on. I know all the words. The last time I thought of this song was... years ago. I grew up near Cinci (or Cinti), so maybe that's given it a bit of extra stickiness in my brain?

And at any given moment, I can't remember my children's names or birth dates.

Like my brother once said, upon seeing a report on a local news channel about some people having sing-alongs of old songs at nursing homes, because sometimes someone with Alzheimer's or other senility could sing along with "Come away with me Lucille," we're going to be in homes in 2040 or whatever with sweet young things leading us in singing "I feel stupid and contagious/ Here we are now/ Entertain us/ Hello hello hello heeeello." Maybe not, since 99.9% of us didn't understand what Kurt Cobain was on about in the first place. I guess we'll have to stick with WKRP in Cincinnati.

"I got kinda tired of packing and unpacking/ Town to town and up and down the dial/ baby you and me were never meant to be/ But baby think of me once in a while."

Or maybe the theme from Friends?

No comments: