Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's a conspiracy!

DH took a message for me yesterday from the wife of an old teacher of mine (junior high math, if you'd believe that he was one of my favorite teachers ever) and friend of the family - they sang at my parents' wedding. I should have called back, but didn't because by the time it got quiet here, it was pretty late back in West Virginia where they live now.

Anyway, she called again and we chatted about my kids and her grand-daughter (who is 28 and pregnant and I used to babysit the girl and see how old I am?) and she said the main reason she called was because she had met someone from Hiram. I knew before she said his name who it was - another one of my favorite teachers, but history and from college, who retired to WV my sophomore or junior year.

So there you go. Bunch of my old teachers ganging up and comparing notes.

Writing not going well. DD's being demanding. DH took the boys - kicking and screaming - to see some boat downtown, so with any luck DD will sleep and it will be quiet here.

No comments: