Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday morning

The boys spent the night at their friends' house and are hyped to the rafters. I had to go get them at about 9:30 because the friends are going to their grandfather's house for the rest of the looong weekend (they gave us Monday off as well as Tuesday for Veterans' Day). After being really loud in the car (it's a 5 minute drive, surely they can keep from shouting for 5 minutes?), they immediately got into a screaming, running argument over a plastic toy screwdriver that they haven't played with in months and months and months.

So the baby's awake now. I guess her nap was long enough; I hope so anyway. She was up multiple times during the night and keeps sneezing out fountains of snot and then screeching when I wipe her nose. Her right eye is dripping, too, and I hope she doesn't have pink eye again.


In other news, I wrote over 6000 words yesterday, including a fun, rambling letter from a secondary character to the male lead that I hope shows how he (the male lead) used to be in his younger days and the part of his personality he needs to allow back into his life. A NaNo support group I'm in had a 1/2 hour sprint this morning, and while I only did 400-ish words (not a fast typist, was struggling with the scene, and had DD nursing for 15 minutes of the time), I realized that I am only 1600 words away from 25K, which is half of Nano.

No comments: