Sunday, November 16, 2008

I just realized

as I'm sitting here, trying to write a scene, that since I have been saving this book chapter by chapter, when the time comes to do the word count verification thing at the NaNo site, I will have to cut and paste them all into one document.

Well, it';s been a better way for me to organize it so far. Just a couple of drawbacks, the main one being that if I want to remember the vicar's name or exactly what that letter said back ages ago, I have to open file after file after file and search for what I remember of it. I started a list of character names in teh first few days, but haven't been keeping it up as i am de Mille and have a cast of thousands. how do real authors keep it straight?

And my timeline isn't bad, but I realized that I made the difference in the dead husband's and the hero's ages too big, since I mentioned that they were at school at the same time, for which the maximum difference would be about 5 or 6 years. I also realized that i have a bunch of stuff on it about Darwin, but she's also fascinated with Germ Theory, so I need to pinpoint a few things with Pasteur as well.

But all that is for the editing process! Must write. H&H are about to meet up again because he just can't stay away, even though it means going back out in society, where the rumors about him are likely to start up again.

No comments: