Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NaNo 10 K!

Yessssss! 10,700+

I did about 1 K this morning and then DH stole my computer (the laptop) to do a presentation at a lunch, so I uploaded all I've written to a thumb drive (Dh says it's my thumb drive, but I only vaguely remember him telling me that before and most of what was already on there was his stuff. I digress.) and waved it goodbye.

I've been doing a little sideline work. I made a time line so that I knew when everyone was born and their parents died and so on.

I looked up exactly when teh Franco-Prussian War was (1870-71) so that I wouldn't have the heroine going on her honeymoon to Paris in the middle of it. I got off track and read about the kingdom of Wurttemberg and the chateau des ducs de Wurttemberg, which is in Dh's hometown in France.

I looked up when Darwin published what.

And I went to check the mail and found this month's rent check returned to us because it didn't have a stamp.

Then I made a huge mistake and decided to take the candles out of the jack o'lanterns and found an inch of rain and various slugs, alive and floating around dead in the two i looked in. pumpkins are to proceed directly to green waste, candles still inside, when i can go out without isabelle.

Oh, and I filled out my ballot so I can zip through the real one this afternoon. I love that the people of California can vote directly on laws, but other than the big religio-political-hysterical laws, I really don't know as much as I should about the 12 propositions. Do I vote for everything that looks "green" or are the measures really as badly written and as much of a money grab as the detractors say? And why do I get the feeling that most people don't even read the election thing the state sent with the explanations and pros, cons, and rebuttals?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are just leaving me in the dust. You're amazing!

I hope you figured out how to vote. My husband reads much of the stuff and I have him fill me in. We tend to be a vote no unless we have a good reason to vote yes. Props 4 and 8 were hot button votes for us. NO NO NO! :)

Crazed liberals are we.

Neefer said...

I like to see who is funding the initiatives. That often helps me make a decision. For example, I support that hotbed of radical politics called the humane society, so I voted yes on that one.