Wednesday, November 5, 2008

More random thoughts

DH has stolen my laptop again. I wrote 1478 words before that, even with all the meandering in Google and Wikipedia in the name of research. Most of it was crappy, but hey, they're words. And I keep writing these dialogs in which it's obvious (to me) who is speaking, so I stand to gain 100 or more words by going in and adding "he said" and "she said" to a bunch of scenes.

DS2 wants to start karate again, so I will take his uniform along today and see if he's serious.

DD is going up on her knees more and more.

Last night I installed child locks on the under-sink cabinets and a strap thing on the broiler drawer of the oven. I still need to move various small household appliances and some plastic bags out of other cupboards so she still has stuff to play with. Must make a note to myself to move the utensil drawer up and the dishcloth drawer down.

The boys built a wall of boxes across the opening to the sewing room this morning so "Godzilla" wouldn't wreck the town. And I regret calling her Godzilla in the first place.

Bleah, I just chewed on a strawberry leaf.

Still disappointed about certain propositions on the ballot here, but i'm very happy that Obama will be our president. OK, so he's a centrist, not a true liberal (a bunch of conservatives I know would scream at that statement) and he opposed Prop 8 (I got a robo-call yesterday after I had already voted) so we don't agree on everything, but we need a peacemaker with a head on his shoulders now, not.... the opposite.

DD is currently chewing on the metal desk leg. Teething, anyone?

No comments: