Monday, November 24, 2008

Somebody needs to 'splain this to me

So. All summer, I couldn't get the boys to go out and play in the water when it was about 100 degrees out there.

They're out there today. Yeah, it's sunny, but it's about 55 degrees, which seems a bit chilly for sprinkler-jumping.

But hey. Whatever. They'll be back in soon.

And in other news, it's supposed to rain tomorrow! Yay! We put out wildflower seed just a bit ago. I should have thought of it in October before the first rains so they would have a better chance competing against the grass that is already about 6 inches high. And the seed has been sitting around since about a year ago anyway because I never quite got around to it last year. So we might have wildflowers. Might not. I put some in the bit of woods across the street, too. SOme local realtor got some people together and planted tulips there last fall which are really pretty in the spring, but I'm a rogue and wanted some native plants, too. Crazy me.

And we might be taking care of my friend's kids because the friend and her DH have to work this week and the kids don't have school all week. They could juggle the kids for all but a few hours on Tuesday, so I offered. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I told Gage that it was supposed to rain on Wednesday (no school), he said, "I'm going to go out and splash in the puddles." I felt the same way . . . go for it. That's what warm baths are for, right? :)