Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So far so good.... 20 minutes in

My friend's kids (and friends of my kids) got here about 20 minutes ago and so far, they're building with lincoln logs in DS1's room because they don't want Godzilla (DD) to wreck the town. DS2 isn't building with them and I'm not sure why not, but he doesn't seem to upset about it yet.

Only 3 1/4 hours to go.

In other news, we went out to Denny's for breakfast. Well, ds1, dd and I had breakfast, DS2 had grilled cheese and fruit salad (only because i wouldn't let him have fries and goldfish as the sum total of his breakfast). Other than a ton of grease, what's the difference between grilled cheese and a bagel with cream cheese anyway? And with the fruit salad (only bananas and grapes, don't know if it was the kid special or if that's all they had this morning), his breakfast was healthier than my eggs and bacon and grits and toast.

So I need to go rescue the baby who's about ready for a nap. DH is still out at a chamber of commerce breakfast, so i can't really get her down for a nap without completely leaving the boys without supervision. Not that I'm doing much of anything anyway.

No comments: