Sunday, November 16, 2008

An entire flipping year later

And i still don't really have control of the touch pad mouse thingy on my computer. OK, so I haven't used it all that much this year, but you'd think I'd be able to scroll at will? Nope, the mouse goes all over, the screen either doesn't scroll or I highlight everything and accidentally delete it, or it jumps all the way to the end instead of scrolling down as I read. Then there's the problem that it's overly sensitive and clicks in places and on things basically at random. if the pointer is hovering over it, it will decide to click away, even when I'm nowhere near touching the mouse thingy. There's a way to turn it off for those of us who drag our hands in front of the keyboard, but then I forget that i turned it off and can't find my pointer.

And I have a hard time holding down the shift key long enough to capitalize words.

But hey, even if if 90% of the stuff and 11 months of the year, DH uses the computer far more than I do (or the boys are playing Crazy Machines 2 on it), it's my computer. And If I would just unplug the thing from the internet, I'd get a lot more done....

No comments: