Thursday, September 25, 2008

Smell-o-vision

Once the evening cools off, I often open the sliding door of our room to let the cool, clean(ish) air come in. So last night I went to sleep on top of my book. I was somewhat awakened by the sound of a bird freaking out, then I went back to sleep. Dh always shuts the door when he comes to bed because it's too cold for him.

Well, by that time it was much too late and our house reeked of skunk. I didn't realize it until this morning when I was waking up and thinking that yeeeeeeesh, Isabelle's diaper smelled much worse than usual.

Then we had our usual morning invasion of the ant forces, so I used my new poison, which is a powerful mint spray by the Safer company, to eradicate the troops and then went outside to spray along the wall where they keep coming in. If I could find an exact entry point, I'd be thrilled. I think they might have built under the house or in the wall by this time, though.

So our house stinks of skunk and mint.

DS2 said he had a headache and a stomachache this morning. He probably has what I had last week, which was just enough malaise to make me not want to do too much, but not sick enough to stop doing what I had to. But I can't imagine that the skunk and mint made him feel any better.

Oh, and the car was in the garage with the windows open, then I took the boys to school and stopped by the county satellite office to get a copy of Isabelle's birth certificate (stinkin French consulate kept both copies that DH gave them to register her as French) and when I opened the car door, I realized it still stank in the car, so drove the mile home with windows all the way down.

But in better news, amazon just informed me that some of the books I ordered are on their way. Most importantly, one by Anne Gracie, the second in a series of which I really liked the first one and have been eagerly awaiting the publication of this one. Oh and some business one that DH wanted. The new Julia Quinn hasn't shipped yet, but it gives me something to look forward to.

Whoops. Baby awake. Mini nap.

No comments: