Wednesday, September 17, 2008

must... slow... down...

Since picking up my library books from the hold shelf yesterday, I have already read Cry Wolf and am 1/4 of the way through My Lord and Spymaster. I've been waiting too long for the books and they're both shorter than I expected them to be.

Cry Wolf (by Patricia Briggs) was OK, but not as great as I hoped. I felt that you really needed to have read the short story in the On the Prowl anthology (which wasn't great overall), which by itself felt woefully unfinished. Like, oh, the first 1/4 of this book instead of something separate. I also thought that Anna should have been asking more questions about herself as the story went on and she gained more confidence and lost some of her fear.

My Lord and Spymaster is pretty good so far. Each of the two main characters thinks the other person is the spy and everyone's trying to outsmart the people they should be working with.

No comments: