Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday evening

I have too many things to do before Friday.

I am using this opportunity to clear a lot of stuff out of my cupboards. Found some bagels from last week that were still just fine when toasted. Emptying the half-empty pasta bags tonight. We had rice and couscous mixed the other night.

Trying to decide if I should take some cloth diapers along for nights or if I should put my whole confidence in disposables. I guess I'll buy some disps and take a few cloth ones along and not use them unless she tends to leak out. My other kids did and DS2 always had a rash from them when we went on vacation.

I need to reserve a hotel room for midnight on the 27th/28th. My parents will come get us the next morning, but it's pretty late for them to be driving us home. I can't seem to tweak the rental car sites so that we can rent a car at the airport and turn it in the next day in my hometown. I'm not sure I want to be driving that late at night after a whole day of travel anyway. So hotel it is.

I need to get a gluten-free cake or something for DS1's teacher's surprise going away party. The baby's due in April or maybe May and she's taking leave as of the beginning of spring break. I want to find her a gift, too. I should make something. It will either be something really simple or it will be a gift card.

Oh, and I wrote over 6500 words today, which is a lot. I had a couple/three scenes that I have been turning over in my mind for days and now they're typed, all but the second half of the one where my character confronts her sister. She cries after the sister goes out and she never cries. I think her husband's going to come in to see what happened. And one of the flashback scenes I finished has set up an idea for another scene.

The boys are playing a loud, thumping game in the hallway, kicking balls back and forth. Why can't they play it outside, you ask? Good question. Because they won't. That good enough? They might be going out for a bit now that it's almost dinner time and they've been told off enough times about endangering their sister's health. She's now standing at the patio door fussing because she wants to go out and fall down the concrete steps and eat plants.

I'll go cook some pasta (twirly-whirly AND alphabet) and dig through the freezer in hopes of finding some vegetables that we haven't already had three times this week. I think there's some corn. Maybe I'll make a salad instead.

No comments: