Sunday, March 8, 2009

Half-hearted gardening

I pulled some of the weeds out of my raised bed. I think it's just going to be that one section this year, not that there's much more space anywhere else. There was when we first moved in, but I put some lavender plants in one part and they have completely taken over. I have 3 different plants and they all bloom at different times and the flowers are slightly different. Who knew? Oh, and one narrow section is now all African Daisies.

Anyway, I need to get out there and dig out the stinking buffalo grass and then I might try some spring things like carrots and lettuce (I've never managed to get carrots, but have had some great lettuce before) before switching to tomato plants when it warms up some more.

My brother and SIL have a much bigger garden than I do and I was just looking at pics of it on facebook and am starting to get the urge.

I'll need to dig through my compost bins again. Sigh.

Oh, and I just allowed DH to be the one who helped the boys retrieve their piece of Lego from the a/c unit outside.

And the baby has a cold ans is generating enough snot for 20 babies.

No comments: