Monday, March 23, 2009

ACK!

I need to make something for my brand new nephew. I'm thinking a sling. I have the rings and I'm sure I can come up with enough fabric. That's a little inside joke there, since I have 7 huge bins of fabric in my sewing room.

I realized that we should get some small gifts for the big brothers, too. And oh, yeah, the parents who made it all possible. Maybe a tote bag/diaper bag. I don't know if I have enough time....

And then I realized, had a dim recollection of a conversation, thought about the dates involved... DH's birthday will happen while we're in Oxford. Oh yeah! Oops! And it's the big FOUR OH. So what's the present? No idea. Well, I have a few ideas, but don't know how feasible they are.

So anyway, i just fixed some trousers of mine that were sliding off. i have lost some weight since I bought them, but they're always been a bit too low-slung for me and they stretch out quickly. Anyway, they seem to fit now, but I goofed up one side a bit and it has a weird pleat. Too bad, I'm wearing them anyway.

Oh, and I weighed myself last week and am 4 pounds down from my start weight of a couple of months ago. so not huge progress, but progress. I need to go to karate class more!

Book group tonight. We read parts 1 and 2 of Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (sp?). She's an Iranian who was a little girl during the revolution. Her parents opposed the Shah, but didn't get very far with actual freedom before the religious forces came into power. (Oh, you mean like in Iraq?....) She spent much of her adolescence in Austria and then went back to Iran, but left again for France in her 20's after her failed marriage. And that was the end of book 2 and I haven't yet read any of the rest, but obviously she went on to make a mark as a succesful artist, as the books are graphic novel compilations of the comic strips (not funny comic, just the format) from a French newspaper.

No comments: