Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! whoops, sorry out of time

So far for her birthday, she's had a trip to the grocery store and a nap. Wheeee!

I baked a cake and need to let it cool and then make frosting. I'm thinking butter cream. Or else the store bought one that's in the cupboard...

As a side note, the Manischewitz moist cake mix looks fabulous. I'm hoping it tastes as good as it mixed up and as good as it looks. There's some shortening in the mix which gives it a trace of trans fat, but I used butter instead of margarine in it so it's not pareve, but there aren't any more trans fats. They use real sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup, which is supposed to be better for you. It's still not health food, but it's CAKE so it's not supposed to be.

Oh and as another side note and on the subject of vaguely healthy desserts, I went to the store where we get whole wheat pastry flour and they were OUT. ARG. But I bought several pounds of quick oats for DH at 47 cents a pound instead of whatever Quaker's charging these days.

I need to find pictures of family members for a baby-safe book that a friend gave me with spots for pics.

I want to buy her some new shoes because she's almost to the end of the 6-12 month ones and it's so much easier for me when she has 2 pairs.

Did anyone get her a doll? Maybe I could get her a baby. 1 seems sort of young and she's not terribly interested in stuffed animals, so maybe that's for later.

Other than that, I don't know what she's getting for presents. granny and Mamie Josiane both sent presents, so she'll get something! I suppose I should take the boys to get her some small token of their appreciation. Sigh.

DH is going to be out all evening, so will miss the 'party'. :P

1 comment:

moonmamma said...

happy birthday precious girl!