Thursday, February 26, 2009

But in better news...

I made blueberry frosting for DD's cake. It mostly tastes like butter and sugar, because I used less than a cup of blueberries (which were wayyyyyyy sour, so no one would eat them) and about three tons of butter and sugar. It's an interesting pinkish slightly purplish color and the boys didn't want to believe that it wasn't strawberry with blueberry pieces.

The cake itself seems good - we scooped the crumbs stuck to the pans off and ate those for snack and they were good. It was really crumbly when I was frosting it and we'll see what it tastes like when we cut it up.

I bought some pink writing gel frosting at the store today, but I don't think it will show up on there, so I'll have to get out the other colors and see if there's enough of the blue or red to write Happy Birthday.

No comments: