Friday, February 13, 2009

WHAT THE **********??????

I just started reading the latest Lori Foster book. She has a series going of fighters in a league something like Ultimate Fighting or whatever it is. I've read the 1st three books from the library and they're.... well, they're Foster. Big, manly men who protect beautiful, perfect women. Escapism. They're OK. The perfect hummana hummana women bug me even more than the perfect hummana hummana men, but, well, I know what I'm in for with Foster.

So I picked up the latest one, My Man Michael, and right away, I'm saying, "WHAT THE **********??????"

So instead of just your ultimate fighting, it's a contender from ultimate fighting who's been permanently disabled in a car accident and he's visited by.... a gorgeous chick from the future who will heal his injuries in return for him going with her to fight for her colony.

I am THIS CLOSE to making a dent in my wall.

But hey, I like a bit of woo woo in books, so if the story would just stop dragging, I would likely finish it. I'm just trying to go from a bunch of sweaty guys beating each other to a pulp in Kentucky to a futuristic colony. Where, I guess, there will be lots of beating to a pulp and protecting the perfect hummana hummana women. My head, she is 'sploding.

No comments: