Thursday, November 22, 2007

Six socks and thithle theed thock

Instead of just going all batsh*t crazy on my kids about cleaning up, I got down with them and was bossy and obnoxious and helped them clean out the toy box. It's amazing what a grocery bag and two shoeboxes worth of garbage and recycling and odd happy meal toys of characters that they have never heard of can do, when taken out and disposed of properly. We parked the trucks under the new toy shelf instead of in a heap in the corner and amazing! The toys fit in the toybox again. We have the blocks in a bag, the legos in a box, the little matchbox cars in a bag on a shelf above the big trucks. I still haven't swept. There's still stuff under the couch and under the TV/book shelf thingy. But I can see the floor.

The six socks? We found them in the toy box. There was only one pair and four strays. Good thing I keep the strays and buy big packs of white socks for my kids. I almost threw out the other navy blue one a couple of weeks ago, but here's its mate after several months.

Oh, and a few days ago, DS2 was looking out the window and said 'Hey Mommy. Look! It's your birdfeeder thing." And sure enough, there was my thithtle theed thock dangling
between the rose bush and the window. I dug it out and filled it and am waiting for the poor finches to rediscover it. That is, if any of them didn't fly South already. I got all ambitious and cleaned out my other birdfeeder and filled it with sunflower seeds, since the birds barely touched the other seed I put in, but loooove that sunflower seed.

No comments: