Saturday, November 17, 2007

Christmas comes early!

DH was out a conference all day and came home just as we were sitting down to dinner. I wasn't even sure he was coming home at all tonight, since he was pretty vague about it all. Anyway, I tossed a few more chicken strips in the frying pan so we all could eat.

But before that, he called me out to the garage to make me look in the trunk. He got me a laptop! A brand spankin' new one! I just wanted something smallish and cheapish, but this one has some bells and whistles that I might never use. Scratch that: I WILL never use. AND I can watch TV on it - it has an antenna that plugs in.

So Christmas is already here at our house. But I can't actually do anything at all on it until it's had a few hours on the Internet, downloading updates and DH installs the freeware Office software. Which makes it DH's job for the moment.

The whole idea, though, is that I can play games on it and watch TV when I have the baby and am lounging in bed all day. Oh, wait. I am supposed to be writing novels on it. That, too. No more dinky notepad and typing it in later. I am techno-woman, hear me roar!

Until I actually have to, y'know, plug it into the Internet or get new software or move my writing from it to another computer. Then I need DH.

Thank you, Santa :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rock on! How cool! I gotta say that there are few things more all out FUN than a new computer to play with! Enjoy!