Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Deviation from the plan....

Well, halfway through NaNo (in words and days), and after a conversation with a coworker about genealogy and an offer from her to find Otto's boat (which she did! His/our last name was misspelled, but it sure looks like him! In 1868, when we thought it was a couple of years later.), and I have spent my computer time for the last two days on ancestry.com

Also found George J Shepardson's Civil War record (Captain in the Illinois 4th Cavalry) and a bit more about his second wife, though not narrowed down as to when they married - sometime between 1880 and 1900.

Note to my family: what was the name of his 1st wife's 2nd husband?

ETA: Another question: What's George J's second wife's maiden name? Iva O. is all I have.

Anyway, I am following the Shepardsons back and back. Am now related to the Plantagenet kings and some guy named Wala de Bobbio who lived in the 8th or 9th century. Duuuuuude. Loads of French royalty, some English royalty, a few Polish and Hungarian and Spanish royals.

Look! Look! A Holy Roman Emperor! Louis I, 778-818!

No comments: