Friday, November 16, 2007

Had an email this morning

I posted a note on one of ancestry. com's message boards in a thread about one of my ancestors and someone emailed me, saying she had a whole lot more. In her message before that, she mentioned that the brothers she knew about apparently had a brother named Henry who moved somewhere else and Henry is the one who's my ggg-(g?)-father, so I am going to have some new descendants for her, though she'll have all the ancestors for me.

So, of course, I piddled around on ancestry for a bit. I'm wondering if JJ Schell and Rosina Ankeny really didn't have kids until she was 40 or if there are various misspellings in the last name in some of the census years, since we're missing a few decades of those, then suddenly 3 kids in stair steps, though they had been married for almost 20 years before the first one I have found came along. But then, her daughter didn't get married until 38 and had my grandmother Shepardson when she was 40. And my dad was in his mid-30's. And my brother is 40 and just got married, no kids in view as far as I know.

And here I am having my third baby at 38 and thinking I am old.

And yes, I am going to do some writing, Mom, when I get some coffee in me.

ETA: Just about 2 more minutes on ancestry and bingo! Loads of kids. Never mind the Schell complaint, 'kay?

No comments: