Monday, November 12, 2007

The Schedule (and the schedule)

I only learned of this a few days ago and it came up over the weekend on the field trip.

Apparently, my little second grader is quite the ladies' man. Mondays at recess, he chases D. , a girl also in second grade who was in his class last year. Tuesday through Thursday, he chases a rotation of 4 or 5 other girls. Fridays, he chases M., his One True Love from his class last year.

Right.

Today the kids are home from school, but I am trying to pull off a ton of NaNoWriMo-ing. There's a challenge for most words and most time on my email NaNo group, but I also hadn't typed anything (and barely had written anything except sketches and scene ideas and a little dialogue) since last Wednesday. They are at a friend's house until about noon, then we're going to eat fast food and play on the indoor play structure (Grey day) and maybe go do mini golf after. So there goes the afternoon. I've done/typed in about 2K in less than 2 hours. (2 hours minus the time it took to drive them to the friend's and throw the ball a few dozen time for their hyper dog.)

I have about 15 minutes now and should do something constructive.

No comments: