Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Starting the to-do list

Lots of things to do today / this week.

1) Sew edging/binding on about 12 pink kimonos and hem them. DS1's class is representing Japan for International Night next week. The teacher's mom got the fabric (free!) and cut them all out and sewed them together (she even basted on the binding!), etc, so it's just the finishing that has to be done. I got the kimonos, another mom got the Happi coats for the boys and another got the Obis to finish. I'm easily amused, but it still strikes me as funny that the teacher's mom did all of it. It's never too late to have your mom help with your school projects.

2) Clean sinks in bathrooms. I did the toilets yesterday and just didn't get to anything else.

3) Sit down and finish my rough draft. I got 50K words down, but I'm not done with the story. Close, though, so no illusions of having a 1000 page novel ;)

4) Back on the sewing front, I need to pull out the Xmas quilt I started last year and determine what still needs to be done. It's all applique and I ran out of time to satin stitch around the pictures last year, so there it is in a box.

5) Think about Xmas tree. We might get it this weekend. For the last few years, I've gotten a small, live tree. I'd like something a bit bigger this year. Just because.

6) Pass out when consider that I'll have to clean up my sewing area, which is one end of our front room, so I can put said tree in there. And wash the big front window. And.... OK, so this is why I just think about the tree, get it? Let me just get through the stack of kimonos first.

No comments: