Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby socks! Baby shoes!

Now, I have to state that I'm not generally the person who goes all girly and squealy and simper-y when it comes to babies and small animals. I love my babies. I love them bigger, too, which though it has its own drawbacks, is so much easier on my head. Most of the time.

However, I have a big weakness where babies are concerned. My secret awwwwww thing is baby socks. They're so little! So cute! So tiny for those itty, bitty, sweet little toes that make you go um-yum-yum... Gag. OK, deep breath.

Anyway, there is an alterations shop two doors up from a Starbucks that I go to every now and then after taking the kids to school. In its windows, I have been admiring, drooling over, and otherwise coveting the baby socks that they have stuffed and hanging there. These are probably the cutest baby socks I have seen. So now that I know we're having a girl, it popped into my mind the other day that I should drop by there.

So here's what I got: http://kmbabysocks.com/ Since it was in a shop, I actually did a mix to get to six pairs, while it looks like you have to get a box of six of the same if you shop online. Let me tell you, it was really, really hard. I was only limited because they're pretty expensive for, well, just socks. I got a couple colors of the B-Jolie ones,

at least one Via Bella, ummm... not sure what else. It was really hard to choose, and I kept picking them up and putting them back.



I got a pair of these too. I have already posted the link to the Cherry email group. They know who they are! They had a lot more in the shop than they have on the website. It's a local company that does these shoes and socks, but the store I was in had lots of other fun socks for kids and grownups.

And now I have some super ultra cutie baby socks and shoesy-woosy to put on wittle baby feets!

Someone stop me now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a mother of both a boy and a girl, I gotta say the girl clothes are WAAAAAAY more "aw"-inspiring than the boy clothes. HAVE FUN WITH IT! :)