Monday, November 5, 2007

Blame it on the burrito

On the way home from helping in DS1's class, I bought a burrito for lunch. I ate it while typing after my last update and managed to drag out about 1000 words, then went and lay down for just a minute..... and woke up at 3:25 with a raging case of nausea.

Unfortunately, I am supposed to be at the school to get the kids at 3 - that's when DS1 gets out and DS2 is in the aftercare from the end of Kindergarten at 2 until I get him. So I got my groggy, nap-filled head and roiling tummy on the road (definitely not the most alert, safest state for me to be in while driving) and got there to find both kids in aftercare, DS1 having just arrived from his class via the school office.

When I got home, head still spinning slightly and my stomach seizing up, there were 2 messages on the machine, one from DS1's teacher and another from DH, whom she called after trying to reach me. The phone started ringing and it was DH again. 5 minutes later, it rang again and it was the school office checking up, since DS1's teacher had been pretty worried, since I have never been that late before. Well, hadn't been this year. *blush*

So the kids didn't go to karate today because we were late and because I needed to lie down and not think about vomiting.

Oh, and I need to pay for this month's aftercare for DS2 and I'm broke. :/

ETA: I just remembered that I got Paypal from a friend in England that I mailed some stuff to (the company she was buying from wants to send everything UPS, even though it costs more than twice as much as US postal, so it ends up a lot cheaper for her to have them send it to me and then I mail it to her). So that can go into my bank account and cover aftercare and my car insurance until I get "paid" (funds transferred from DH) on the 15th.

No comments: