Sunday, October 26, 2008

three whole micrograms!

I've had a thing of pureed carrots open for almost a week now and will put less than a teaspoon into a plate and feed her a tiny taste or two and then she'll be done with it. Last night, she must have been outrageously hungry and she ate the entire half teaspoon I first put in and then had a couple more nibbles. Wowza!

I don't make homemade baby food. After my experience with my older two who rejected it in a similar way (though DS2 would sometimes eat a few bites of store baby food, just not what I made), I consider it much too soul-destroying to spend that much time making tiny quantities of mush that a baby won't even eat.

She loves gnawing on real food, though she rarely swallows more than a couple of crumbs. She had (um, bad Mommy) bacon today for lunch. She swallowed a bunch of yummy salt and nitrites, I am sure, but actual pieces of bacon? Well, she was hacking and coughing and choking on a piece at one point and never spat it out, so she must have swallowed it.

No comments: