Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Political terminology of the day

"The Bradley Effect"

In which polls are inaccurate which attempt to predict the outcome of an election which includes a person of color. From Tom Bradley, LA mayor who ran for California governor in 1982 and was predicted to win in a landslide and then didn't. Apparently, various people who don't want to get into a discussion about why they would never want a black man to win would answer undecided or just outright lie.

Discuss....

1 comment:

Neefer said...

I voted for Bradley. I wasn't that engaged politically then, so I don't remember the landslide predictions.

I do think that racism is alive and well. Ha, I know it is in Livermore.

Wasn't there an Anglo who ran for school board somewhere in S. Cal every election, but never did any campaigning, so he never won ... until his opponent had an Hispanic last name.