Monday, October 6, 2008

Like totally tripping, dude

DS1 had oral surgery today - his baby canine on the top left wasn't being pushed out by the adult tooth, which was growing sideways up in the gum. They gave him some Vercet - based on his weight - at about 8:45 and when it started hitting him, they took him back with him staggering all over and them holding him up, and got it out. He's still halfway knocked out 2 1/2 hours later.

They kept him for a long time afterwards, waiting for him to wake up more, then I brought him home. I had to carry him in from the car and DH took him to bed. I tried to give him a bit of milk to drink because he hasn't had anything to eat or drink since last night and I figured it would help soak up the drugs and then left him to sleep it off when the milk was running down his chin and he was trying to tell me something about two holes. I heard a rustle and thump a bit ago and went back and he was sitting on his floor, trying to look at his clock. He wanted to know when he was going to get his tooth out.

The surgeon's office called to find out if we made it home OK and I told the woman that and she said the Vercet has amnesia effects.

I just have to keep him from falling out of bed for a while. Maybe I'll just let him stay on the floor.

I heard a door and found him swaying in my room so now he's in my bed with a bed rail.


ETA: 12:30 now and he's finally asleep. He informed me at noon that he was hungry, which is good but he still couldn't sit up unaided. I have soup cooking for him now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary stuff. Hope he's back to his perky self!