Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ding ding ding! It's BB's mom for the win!

I was getting DS2 from his Best Buddy's house and for some reason was required to drag DS1 along. I pointed out the bruising on his chin and she said it looked like suction.

My little brain said, "Ding ding ding!"

He was in the car this morning making a stacking cup stick to his face by sucking on it.

So my 8 year old has an enormous hickey on his chin.

I'm so proud.



Then on the way home, we saw friends of ours who are coming to the end of a complete home remodel (so complete that they've spent the last 6 months in a rental duplex) and we stopped and had a tour of their "new" house. Wowza! It's really been opened up and added to and looks fabulous. My friend, the mom of the family, is still stressed and there are things that aren't right and that somehow got changed from when the plans were approved. My advice was to just keep the 3 lights in the kitchen instead of two and just get it over with. They need floors and kitchen counters and drawer handles and appliances and bathrooms finished, but really, it's almost there.

3 comments:

Neefer said...

My brother did the same thing when he was a teenager, so I don't think you should be so proud.

Philippa Lodge said...

Ah yes, but DS1 is just 8. Though he's not chasing girls as his primary form of entertainment this year.

moonmamma said...

Laughing my socks of at the little chap!