Thursday, October 30, 2008

Almost ready for Halloween!

DS2 suddenly decided that he was not going to be a ninja again (though last year he wore a ninja costume and a cape with skulls) and instead he is going to be Tremendous T, his very own superhero. So he needed a cape. I bought some cheap, black satin and ironed on a big red T (wonder under rules, y'all!) with a T made of reflective tape sort of under it and stuck a length of leftover bias tape through a channel at the top for a tie.


I got a yard of shiny, hot pink tulle and folded it over twice and ran elastic through the waist for a tutu for DD. I got some matching organza ribbon and made a ridiculous hair flower and attached it to another bit of elastic. She's a flower fairy ballerina princess. Diva. Prima donna. Something.



DS1 is a samurai again this year and I finally figured out how to make a helmet for him. I used a yellow play hard hat and taped foil to it, then made horns and covered them with foil and stuck them on there, too.



If the boys insist I need a costume, I guess I'll be a pirate again.

No comments: