Wednesday, October 1, 2008

house of PAIN

We got a call at about 12:45 from the school because DS2 ran into a pole on the playground. When I arrived to pick him up, the playground woman told me that she had blown the whistle for the end of recess and the kids were gathering up and she looked over and he was standing by a pole crying. He's not really clear on what he was looking at just before he saw the pole and literally RAN into it. He had a bloody nose (briefly, but it stopped right away) and a big goose egg in the center of his forehead, so he definitely caught the pole right in the middle. I gave him some tylenol and his pupils are responding normally, so I think he's OK.

Let's just say that it's a lot funnier when Wile E. Coyote does it. Though, well.... Boiiiiiiinnnnng

I also brought DS1 home early because they were home almost 2 hours early from their field trip and didn't have big plans for the afternoon. His chin looked dirty and his hands were definitely filthy, so I told him to go clean up. Well, he went to karate a bit ago and came home and his chin was still dirty. I sent him to go wash it, but when he did, I realized that it is bruised. He doesn't know what he did to it. It looks more like pressure than like he was hit in the face.

Oh, and DS2 went to his Best Buddy's house anyway. No word on how that's going. BB was taking a nap when I talked to his mom a bit before DH drove DS2 over there, because BB was cranky and grumpy and tired and annoyed. Let's hope that the nap helped BB's mood and that the headache isn't too bad!

So far today, DD has sustained no injuries. Well, DS1 hurt her on the leg slightly this morning when crawling over here, but she didn't even get up a good cry on that and it didn't leave a mark. Small mercies, eh?

No comments: