Thursday, October 16, 2008

rats!

I just read Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn. It's her second book, the first was Silent in the Grave. They're mysteries set in Victorian England with a widowed woman from an eccentric family as the narrator. There's an element of romance and a lot of humor. And I can't believe I didn't mention Silent in the Grave after I read it, because I liked it even more than than this second one. No, I loved it. I adored it. It was really, really good. Mom, you would like it, I am sure. Of course, Mom probably already read it.

Anyway, I requested and checked out Sanctuary and put off reading it for a while, because I knew it would be good. And it was and now I NEEEEEEEED to read the third book.

And now I have found out that the third book doesn't come out until NEXT MARCH. That's FIVE MONTHS.

Woe is me.

I am trying to cut down on the number of books I have lying around waiting for me to read because it's almost November, which is NaNoWriMo. I'm going to try again this year to write 50,000 words of a novel in one month. I won't have the time and long stretches of concentration like I did last year. The baby's about to start crawling, which takes a special sort of vigilance.

No comments: