Sunday, October 26, 2008

More about NaNoWriMo

I have started to see a couple of new characters.

Look at the Princess Line and Cuirass Bodice here and that's how the heroine will dress when going out formally. At home, I have a feeling she dresses like a maid. She's not very good with class distinctions. I don't think she's brave enough to wear bloomers, though she'd like to. She definitely doesn't want to wear more than 7 pounds of undergarments, doesn't usually put on a corset, but is too shy to go around telling people that.

She reads a lot, she has friends but is not beautiful and is too shy to be popular, she always thought she'd be unmarried and be a governess, but married an older man who wanted a new wife to help raise his son, they liked each other a lot, the man died after only a few years, etc.

OK, I'm busy looking at the site I mentioned above. Good stuff :)

So anyway, I think I have a couple of characters, though I don't have a plot yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exciting. Plots are over-rated, don't you think? It's all about the characters. Just have them sitting around drinking tea and having deep conversations! :) There's your "plot." :) You're welcome!