Wednesday, January 14, 2009

writing

I wrote a scene yesterday that had been in my head for a bit. There are two follow-up scenes that are shorter that I need to get on the page (on the screen, rather).

It's not my best work because I was interrupted every 2 minutes or so as I was trying to work while the chicken cooked, but it's down and it can be fixed. If it's still in my head, I can't revise it, you know?

And on a parallel with that, I have been reading some western romance novels with a Christian influence, which is really weird because I'm not into westerns and am not particularly Christian. I had to do some skimming in the one I was reading last night because it was highly repetitive Christian influence. I have now read 2 books by this particular author and in each the characters have pre-marital sex after going on and on about the bonds of holy matrimony, but only after getting engaged. In each one, they only have sex the one time and then abstain until they're married.

No comments: