Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Laundry, visiting wildlife, and unfounded accusations

I woke up this morning when the baby woke at 6:30. She was wiggling around and I lifted her up and DANG, she stunk like skunk. I said "Wooooo! Your diaper STINKS" and fed her and lolled around for a few minutes until it was time to get up and change her.

Sometimes the cloth diapers have a residual smell in them and when she wears a diaper all night and pees in it copiously, sometimes that smell will come out.

Well, even after she was changed, it smelled, but I didn't think anything of it, because it was 7:15 and I hadn't had any caffeine yet.

Then I walked out into the garage, which really stank of skunk and I realized that the baby didn't stink, the neighborhood stank.

Stupid flippin' skunks.

At least the sliding door to our room wasn't open like the last time when it was nice and warm out and a skunk sprayed nearby. Phew.

No comments: