Monday, February 11, 2008

This is a lot harder....

Having a baby at 38 is a lot more work than it was when I was a mere slip of a girl at 30.

I've been falling asleep every night by 8:30, except for today when I went to lie down for a bit at 5-ish and read for maybe half an hour before sleeping for an hour. Then waking up hungry with massive heartburn. And I still might be asleep well before 10. Dh is cooking some rice and... I don't know what else, but I saw the rice. Smells like mushrooms? Maybe onions?

I also seem to have a sinus infection. Sore face, sore teeth, need to keep blowing my nose or it exacerbates the cough I'm still getting rid of, and a new one for me, constant low-level nose bleed. Like anyone wanted to know about my nose bleeds, I am sure. Just whining. A friend who is just into the beginning of her 2nd trimester has full-fledged pneumonia - and two very active kids.

The other karate mom who is expecting just moved her daughter to the "big kid class" (junior beginner instead of 4-6 year-olds) where DS2 started at the beginning on January, so I got to talk to her today. She's 3 weeks behind me and I think her bump is as big or bigger than mine. She said she had a talk with the baby the other day about staying in for at least 2 more weeks, because she's been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions that are a little too strong and a little too regular for peace of mind. They mostly go away when she lies down, but how often does she get to do that, with a homeschooled 6 year old? So our early jokes that she'd go early and I'd go late and we'd have karate twins just might come true.

The karate school started a new 5-week cycle today. DS2 knows most of basic blocking set from the little kid class, but they didn't do it all together, so there is some learning curve. DS1's class is doing defenses against 2 attackers and I have to brag and say that my kid learns these things really quickly. Sad news is that our favorite teacher is at another location now. No word on if he's coming back if they can find another teacher for that school. I like the other teachers just fine, but he is so good and enthusiastic with the kids that it's just missing something when he's not there.

No comments: