Monday, February 18, 2008

PG & J (s)

My mom emailed to say there wasn't anything on my blog so she's going to call.

Lots of happy baby news around. Not mine. Well, mine is happy as in she's still kickin' and cookin', but no progress - unless you call waking up several times last night with minor contractions "progress".

DS1's teacher from 1st grade, Ms. J. - whom I really like and hoped to have DS2 in her class next year - is expecting a baby in the fall. Messes up school plans, but I really am thrilled for her! For her DH, too, but I don't know him.

Then a friend of mine from college, Je., told me that her (non-identical) twin, Ja., and her DH (whom I don't know either) are expecting a baby in July. And if anyone I went to college with doesn't know who I am talking about, I'll be very surprised. LMK if you want her contact info ;)

Basically, a good month for my friends whose names start with J :)

Tomorrow after I get the kids to school, I am going to my chiropractor - my usual appointment but especially well timed because I tweaked my neck when tossing and turning last night.

After that, I am going to go to a La Leche League meeting. I haven't been in a few years now. I guess I'll rejoin now that I'll be doing the breastfeeding thing again!

Oh, and the kids were playing at a friend's house yesterday, having a grand old time squirting their dog (and yes, he loves that sort of thing. Odd dog.) and at some point DS1 was sword fighting with their host and hit him and the boy melted down. His mom went to console him and realized that he was burning hot. So she called me and I came back to get my kids. Apparently the poor kid (and his poor mom!) was up most of the night and at one point his fever was at about 105 in spite of ibuprofen. We're really hoping he didn't give it to anyone...

OK. I think that's about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with not getting sick. Tell your mom to be patient! :) The baby is still cooking!