Monday, February 4, 2008

Flu, day.... Oh I don't even want to think of it

DS1 back to mostly full health. I last posted Wednesday morning and when I picked him up from school that afternoon, he was so tired he was swaying, then he fell asleep in the car on the way home and other than when I woke him up to eat dinner - he ate about two bites - he slept until the next morning. He has developed a runny nose and a bit of a cough, but seems to be fine.

DS2 back to mostly full health, too. His tummy was better, but then he and I came down with a horrid chest cough and fever Wednesday evening/Thursday overnight. So he didn't go to school at all last week. He was well enough to go to a friend's house for a few hours yesterday and well enough to go to school today, though he looked a little pale when I saw him at lunch time.

I spent the rest of the week and most of the weekend in bed coughing up a lung and shivering, taking a tylenol, then sweating the fever back down. Yeah, it was fun. Oh, both DS2 and I saw doctors and though it felt and sounded like bronchitis, it wasn't. Cough syrup all around. I went and helped in DS1's class today and did half of the grocery shopping (the non-refrigerated half, because I did it before helping in class since there wasn't enough fruit for both kids to have some in their lunch this morning). Then I came home and collapsed for a couple of hours.

Then DH, who rarely gets more than a stuffy nose came to bed on Saturday night saying the house was really cold and proceeded to shake the whole bed with his shivering for a good fifteen minutes. Just a mild fever, no dramatic puking or barking cough. He's run down and slept until after noon today, but he went and picked the kids up and took them to karate - they have class at the same time today, which makes everyone's life easier.

I need to get to the library and turn in a huge stack of books and find a bunch more. Someone also needs to do the milk and cheese portion of the grocery list. Maybe I'll have my strength up by the time Dh gets home with the boys and the car. I was going to make homemade chicken soup for dinner, so I'll have to get my strength up right away if I want to have time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that by today (feb 5th) that you are all feeling much better. And that the bump has made it through your loss of the lung, as well.

Philippa Lodge said...

Thanks Holly :) The bump is kicking along happily. I guess even with a wheeze, she's getting enough oxygen. Now if the little blighter would just turn anterior instead of posterior, I'd feel a bit more ready for that whole birth thang.