Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nice morning :)

I got the kids to school on time, which was a miracle, considering we got up a bit late. They were *gasp* cooperative in getting ready this morning!

I have been helping out in DS2's Kindergarten class Thursday mornings, being the snack micro-manager, and told them that this morning I was only staying for an hour. So I got the take-home folders taken care of, got to listen to/watch a short presentation on the Chinese New Year, got the first few kids going on snack, and then left.

I was leaving early because one of my book clubs has been having a hard time getting everyone together and a few people had this morning free, so we said we'd meet at Starbuck's. So I get there and instead of a latte and a book, they haul me into a van and drive to a cute little tea shop in the historic district and bought me a Devon cream tea and gave me a card and gift card to Babies R Us. Surprise baby shower :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a special treat! Yay!