Wednesday, February 13, 2008

biiiiig belly and useful sewing



Oh my good gracious me! 38 weeks. (quick update from midwife visit yesterday: baby's a bit more turned with her back toward my front, though she's still pretty far over on the left side. My midwife delivered the birthing pool and hoses. Getting psyched and/or scared!)




Utilitarian sewing today. I seem to have spent a long time on it, and there's not much to show. That's a travel changing pad (flannel and PUL - polyurethane laminate - and a deeper purple than that looks like on my screen), just one menstrual/postpartum pad - I need to make some more - and six milk-leakage pads. The latter have the inner layer made of organic cotton velour. Soft!

I have a bunch more PUL and want to make a couple of mattress protectors, one for my bed, one for the crib mattress, because eventually the baby will sometimes sleep in the crib, I suppose.

A friend from our old playgroup came by with some baby clothes today. She has 2 boys, so a lot of it is more blue and boyish, but there are quite a few really nice things. And I hadn't realized how very long it had been since I had seen her and her kids. The older one is a slightly taller version of how he's always been (nice kid, very quiet), but the little one was crawling last time I saw him, but I opened my door today and he came striding up, chatting away happily in short sentences. I'm not sure how he got to be two.

No comments: