Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So I'm sitting here,

Waiting for my midwives to come for my 39+ week checkup. Happily surfing the email and Google reader and not doing much of anything. DH wanders in in his underwear and I say they're coming so go put some pants on and he tells me that they called to say they're not coming because they're out catching someone else's baby. Good thing I didn't have any other plans, because I had been back home after dropping off DS2 at school for almost an hour before this news filtered through to me. So I'll hear from them when the other baby's popped. It's all waiting game at this point, so a few days extra between appointments doesn't bug me.

And yes, only DS2 at school. Isn't flu season over YET? DS1 threw up rather completely and dramatically (all in or near the toilet! Yay! New milestone!) twice last evening. It doesn't seem to be what their friend had this weekend, so who knows if we still have that one coming up (so to speak). He's not feverish and he announced he's hungry this morning. He's had some water and some cranberry juice today, but I am waiting to see how the juice is sitting before giving him anything else. He's playing the Toy Story 2 activity center games and just announced that he likes the movie better.

DS2 said he has a headache and his neck (his throat) hurts. But he claims sore throat and headache really often in the mornings, so I can't keep him home based on that or he'd have even more than his current excessive absences. I asked his teacher to keep an eye on him. No call so far, but it's not even 10...

Oh, and the baby's kicking away happily. She has dropped. My belly is just dangling down there, now, looking weird and semi-deflated. I should take a compare and contrast photo to put up next to the ones from last week. I waddle, but yesterday I only took 2 or 3 Tums instead of my usual full dose.

Ah, and I can see my feet somewhat again. Still a distant relationship, a nodding acquaintance, let's say. A friend complimented me on my lovely toenails last weekend and I had to laugh. I went to a salon where for $20, I got to sit in their massaging chair for almost an hour, have someone file down my callouses and massage my feet and calves, and oh yeah, slap some polish on the old toesies, too. By the end, I really don't care what color they put on. Well, I should, because I mostly wear my Birkenstocks with no socks because it's a lot of work to reach my feet. I wear boots when it rains, but otherwise am very grateful for the climate here in winter.

Oooh, I've been upright for over 2 1/2 hours. Must be time for a nap....

No comments: