Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baby update

Strong heartbeat, a little fast since it was taken right after a major coughing fit (mine) so baby was wiiiiiide awake.

She's more to the left now, still not as far forward as one would hope, but not far off course.

Since last week, my abs have separated. Midwife hypothesizes it's due to coughing, but it happens a lot anyway, so maybe it was just time.

Glucose, protein, etc etc all normal. Waiting for results from Group B Strep culture. Discussed Vitamin K, eye drops, and newborn screen (yes, no, yes)

Midwife dug through and organized birth supplies, explained how to drape my bed in plastic sheets, told me (gently) to get the rest of my stuff together and make maps to get to the hospital from here.

She was going to bring the birthing tub, but forgot it. It's clean and ready to go, so even if I go into labor before my next appointment, she can shove it in her car and bring it along.

Two and a half weeks to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shall I be less gentle and kind than your midwife? Well, yes, it seems I shall. Get your stuff together, woman. THis is #3 . . . she could totally decide to come whenever she wants. Trust me, girls are like that. She'll want to catch you off guard and see what you do. Don't let her get that advantage so early in your relationship! :)

I feel so badly for you with all the nasty coughing while so late in your pregnancy. I hope it's improving! Lemon tea with honey. :)

Okay, I'm done now.