Wednesday, April 22, 2009

general catching up

I keep throwing little bitty updates on facebook and not much on here. Well, not a lot to say, except that the baby's not napping like I think she should. She was alllll worn out this morning and then napped for, oh, half an hour. I had squirted toilet cleaner in the toilet and turned on the computer and that was about it. When she got up, I had to make DH watch her (hooray for daddy who works at home) and go scrub the toilet -the sink will have to wait for another time. I also went out and tried again to spray the aphids and scale insects off the bushes they are killing and the rosebushes that just look a bit tired, not dying (yet). I should have trimmed the rosebushes in the winter, they are HUGE and flopping over. Gorgeous roses right now, though!

I need to test the lawn sprinklers and set the timer thing so they'll keep the lawn alive. The grass is starting to look tired and we are supposed to keep it greenish. I will wait until the boys are home, because sprinkler jumping is their favorie sport. I wish I could find DS2's swim trunks. Anyone have any ideas? His room's more or less picked up, but that means stuff shoved in the closet, so it might be there....

I still haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera. I still haven';t opened the box with all the junior high pictures in it and started scanning, either. The scanner and camera only work with one partition of one of our computers and I never seem to be in it. When I am not goofing off on the internet, I am on my laptop, trying to write.

I need new sandals. My Birkenstocks are just a bit older than DS2, so they'll turn 7 this year. The sole's been replaced twice, but now I think they are a lost cause, good for schlepping around the house and yard. The leather straps are fine, but the cork is deteriorating. I think I'm going to get something a bit strappier than the huge, basic black clunky things. Still Birkenstocks, though. I love my Birks! My inner hippie and all that. Well, I'm pretty much hippie all the way through. Revolution Breeze is my hippie name, according to the quiz on facebook.

I never noticed before, but I can sign my blog up to show google ads. With my vast readership, I should make a mint! What are we going to do with a buck fifty? (Mom will get the nuances of that....)

Oh, and I've been thinking of dropping karate. I like it when I get there, but it's only at an awkward time in the evening and DH seems to be going to more meetings and conferences and stuff. I'll miss kicking the C*** out of the wavemaster, though. Sigh. Decisions, decisions. I also feel like I should keep going this month, because we are making DS2 go until the end of his 6 month contract before deciding if he will quit. He took a break and any new person (or returning person) has to sign up for 6 months. His concept of time is shaky, so I don't know if it's really fair, but maybe I should keep going, too.

I've been thinking about it for a bit now and today on the way to the hardware store, instead of going into the donut shop, I went into Curves. They're doing a study right now, so the introductory rate is very low. If Dh is going to be at home, then I might as well lumber him with the baby for a half hour a few times a week (more like an hour+ especially if I walk there - it's not far) and actually get some exercise. It's more flexible, which is good, but that's also not good, because then I can keep putting off going. We'll see.

OK, the baby's saying "uh-ohhhhhh" and DH is wandering around talking on his cell phone. Back to being a mom...

No comments: