Tuesday, April 14, 2009

outside

DD and I just spent 45 minutes outside, just wandering around, playing with a couple of plastic easter eggs, picking up spiky gumballs (the seed things, not the eating kind, though she does tend to taste them), and walking up and down the driveway, which is slanted, though not overly steep. She also decided to climb the small hill to the neighbor's drive over and over.

I thought she'd be tuckered out and she did yawn, but then DH came home from a meeting and she got her second wind. Now, she's helping him eat his oatmeal instead of having milkies and a happy nap.

She also wanted to go for a walk in her stroller once he came home and wasn't happy when I carried her inside anyway.

A bit chilly today - it'll only get up to about 60 (giggle snicker) - and it's sunny and windy. No rain forecast for the next 10 days. We're still in a D2 "severe" drought, but it's mid-April and I'm not holdng my breath for a whole lot more rain before the summer, which is nearly completely dry.

I still need to get the pictures from my camera from the trip to Ohio, plus I have a large shoebox of pictures to sort through and scan some to make my old friends scream.

oh, and dd's social security card finally showed up - we got it in the heap of stuff from our vacation hold. we had a letter right before we went away which was the receipt saying we had applied - SIX MONTHS AGO and should be getting the card in the next 2 weeks. It might take an extra 12 weeks on top of the usual 4 to 6 weeks if the baby isn't born in a US hospital. And yet I keep adding up their numbers and ending up with 4 1/2 months, not 6 1/2.

No comments: