Friday, April 24, 2009

My enormous bruiser

There was a mom at karate today with a five month old baby (and an older daughter who was a white belt). DD got all excited when she saw the baby coming in and then the woman completely freaked out every time DD got within 5 feet. Because DD was going to hurt the baby. Um, ah. Yeah, she's so very mean. I don't think DD needs to touch the baby's face, because she does pinch and scratch sometimes, but yeah, her touching the baby's completely covered toe will probably not break anything. So did she need to shove DD's hand away and cover the baby's legs protectively? Was she sure this was her second child? She babbled something about knowing a two year old who isn't gentle. Big, huge difference between two year old and 14 month old, both in strength and in deliberately hurting to see what the reaction is. I swear the woman was really out there, not just averagely anxious. She made me nervous.

Anyway. I didn't make a friend today.

2 comments:

Neefer said...

Well, you shouldn't have paraded your own strength and meaness in karate class. I mean, since the mom was so afraid of you, how else should she react to your daughter.

And I've seen your daughter.

No wonder she was afraid!

And a wacko.

Philippa Lodge said...

LOL. it wasn't even my class, it was the boys. i guess that with brothers like that, she must be dangerous?