Saturday, March 1, 2008

Well, that was smart

So four or whatever days postpartum. The racking afterpains have eased off to be only really-bad-period strength. My jelly belly is solidifying so I only look about 5 months pregnant. I'm getting so I can get up and move slowly around the house and sit around for over an hour before lying down to rest.

We even had an outing on Thursday! I was testing out the car seat (leans too far forward and is going to need a towel or something under it so the baby isn't dangling from the straps, poor love) and we went a whole mile up the road and I bought 1.5 yards of birdseye diaper fabric and then went and got a couple of things from the grocery. And then, boy, was I beat.

So what did I do this morning?

I had the bright idea to weigh myself.

Have you seen that emailed joke with ways to get ready to have kids (take a herd of goats to the store, dress an angry octopus, etc)? There's one that says to strap on a bag of beans and after 9 months, remove 10% of the beans.

SIGH

Oh, and my nipples are sore and have a couple of little scabs. Too much information for most of you, but yeesh, you'd think on my 3rd kid, I'd get it down faster. But it has been 5 1/2 years since I nursed a newborn and heck, she'd never done it before at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Phyllis! I just have to say . . . what were you thinking? At least you can joke about it. Got some Lansinoh? That's all that worked for me!

Philippa Lodge said...

Well, I got out of the shower (BIG benefit of having a sleepy baby - DS1 didn't allow showers) and the scale is right there... I need to hide the darn thing.

And yes to lansinoh!