Saturday, January 5, 2008

Woah. Storm.

The night before last and through a good part of yesterday, we had a storm. It dumped down rain and the wind blew and blew. It actually got worse in the morning and it was really raging out there. My midwives had to drive from downtown through it all, dodging giant puddles and downed trees.

It was really crazy, and then my friends decided to drive up into the mountains after all. Ooooo-kay. It's been snowing like crazy with the same sort of winds on exposed, winding roads. Yeah, they're nuts.

They actually came and dropped off the keys a couple of minutes after the power went back on. It went off while the midwives were here and came on after we had been grabbing things out of the fridge for lunch, over an hour later. We got it easy, compared to floods and the places where power is still out.

The midwife visit went pretty well. I have shown too much glucose in my urine for the last couple of times, so my main midwife is going to bring me a blood sugar monitor. I'm trying to be better about what I eat. So far, the baby isn't showing signs of being a giant, though. The second worry is that the baby seems to be lying sideways - though it's pretty hard to tell. My other kids were compliant and went head-down from fairly early on, so now I have to worry about this. My midwife says that breech births aren't too bad for 3rd babies, though there are some risks.

Anyway, it was sunny this morning when we went to feed our friends' pets, but it's supposed to rain again today. I hope it's not quite so wild.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis,

good luck with your baby's position. Your midwife certainly told you that there're a number of methods to invite the little one to shift position and apart from somersaults in the swimming pool I've tried most of them three years ago :-), so if you like to exchange experiences, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

All the best from Munich,
Doris