Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday morning laziness

After school yesterday, DS1 announced that his tummy hurt when we were on our way to karate. I had already dropped DS2 off at home (DH was home) because his face was very hot and he said he felt sick and picked up our friend who lives down the street. So I went and dropped DS1 off at home, too, and just took S to karate. S's brother, C, went home sick from school yesterday (and started puking as soon as he got home) and we were going to have S come and play for a while after karate. I dropped him off at karate, stayed until the class actually started, and went to the library instead of watching the whole time. The class was really small, which is usual on Friday, but even smaller because I knew of at least 3 kids (mine and C) who would have been there if they had not been indisposed.

I took S straight home, figuring that my kids' germs were better kept in the family, since S was already exposed to C's.

Not that I really believed they were very sick at all. They were a bit tired, but had their bounce off the walls silly moments as usual.

I was up late reading - I had a horrible stomachache and had eaten dry toast for supper myself and then couldn't settle because of the indigestion - and had turned out the light and was almost asleep when I head DS1 coughing, then his door thumped open and I heard him gagging and retching in the bathroom. He didn't actually throw up, but thought he was going to.

So anyway, DS1 was burning up, so I gave him some tylenol and a drink of water and tucked him back in. He still felt lousy this morning, but wasn't as feverish. I gave him some more tylenol and some toast and juice and now the two of them are watching "Cars" which I borrowed from the library, figuring that it was something they hadn't seen since it was in the theater and it would keep them entertained if they really were sick.

Andd.... what else was I going to say?

Oh, I went into Toys R Us yesterday and they had a really good crib on clearance, so I snapped one up. Or rather, I paid for it, it took them 15 minutes to find it in the stockroom, and then there was no way in the wide world that it was going to fit in my car, even if I had taken it out of the box because the back is really tall. My friend, S & C's mom, picked it up in her minivan on the way home from school and even with the back row of seats taken out, we had to put the first passenger row as far forward as it would go to fit that huge box in there.

I'm thinking of going back to the consignment shop where I saw a decent, sturdy dresser for a reasonable price a few days ago. Only if they deliver! A worker at TRU tried to talk me into the matching baby armoire, but there are only a couple of drawers and a couple of shelves and it wasn't all that sturdy.

Oh, and I had gone by a furniture in the midst of its big! huge! closeout! and the dressers were, oh, between $2000 and $6000. "Oh, don't worry about those prices, since we're closing so soon, everything's negotiable." OK, $100 for that $3500 dresser? $200? No? Well why ever not?

Am I obsessing about dressers? I just feel that I can't even start to get organized until I have something to put baby clothes in.

No comments: