Saturday, January 19, 2008

And some pictures (belly and sewing)

Well, posting up a storm today, aren't I?

Here's the almost-35-week belly:



Taken by Dh sitting down and me standing up, so that belly is positively LOOMING. The fleece jacket is really hard to zip over the tummy. I got it in San Francisco several years ago for less than $10 and the fleece is sewed so that it stretches up and down instead of around. If you're not a sew-er, then let me tell you that it is wrong wrong wrong. But hey. Almost 4 years of use and it's one of the few things I can still wear, so oh well.

And then a teeny tiny baby shirt I sewed today:


Fabric from the 99 cent table at Hancock's. I wanted to be sure I could get a decent result before I used something that cost more. It's really thin fabric, but nicely stretchy and I have about half of the half-yard piece left, so it's a 25 cent shirt ;) I used the first ribbing I came across in my fabric stash, so now it's Ohio State colors. I have some wacky odd-colored floral from the table, too and want to make a t-shirt from that. Less time sewing on tiny blasted snaps.


And a bunting (Grobag, baby sleeping bag thingy, whatever you want to call it) that I did a couple of weeks ago:



I need to either put snaps or buttons on the straps or sew them together and call it a day. The fabric is from Hancock's - ready-quilted fabric from the Portobello collection. We have less than a yard left in the store now, but I have almost a yard left at home because I changed my mind on the pattern to use. In case you want some quilted fabric, because I have no idea what I will use the rest for.

1 comment:

Neefer said...

I have a bunch of ottobre http://www.ottobredesign.com/ magazines that I am never going to use. Would you like them? Let me know.