Monday, January 7, 2008

update on our friends

Since my mom asked, I guess a few other people might be vaguely curious.

Our friends got up in the mountains to their hotel through wind and rain and a bit of sleet only to find that the hotel's power was out and wasn't likely to come back on for 10 days or so, with a boatload of snow still expected. So they turned around and came home, stopping about an hour away overnight and returning early Saturday afternoon. So we fed their pets once a couple of hours before they got home. That's it.

DS2 kept me awake most of the night. He has a really stuffy nose and couldn't be shifted from our bed, so I spent the whole night digging his toes out of my spine and shoving him back toward his edge of the bed so I could roll over. So I am seriously cranky. But DH has the car and is now in charge of picking the kids up and getting them to karate, so I have a few extra hours to slack off and take a nap. Yay!

No comments: